As Per IS : IS-1828
ASI UNIVERSAL TESTING MACHINE COMPUTERIZED, CAPACITY, 1000 KN, 6 PILLAR TYPE WITH HYDRAULIC JAWS:-
Relevant Standard Code :- IS : 1828 - 1991
Calibration Certificate Applicable:- Calibration certificate shall be given if computer taken
along with the machine else onsite calibration to be done
Technical Specifications :-
UTMs to be supplied with modern design and features along with more stability and
aesthetics, Hydraulic Grips, Front Loading and 6 Pillar Frame with support of Software for data acquisition.
The equipment must have the following features:
• Loading accuracy as high as ± 1% of the indicating value
• Strain measurement at variable speed to cover a wide range of materials adjustable by the manual control valve.
• High reading accuracy and rugged design of digital display.
• Simple control to facilitate ease of operation.
• Fully enclosed and protected load measuring system.
• Robust load frame with extremely rigid construction.
• Large effective clearance between columns enables testing of standard specimen as well as structures.
• Motor driven threaded columns for UP/DOWN movement of lower crosshead for quick change over of specimen, grips and attachment.
The equipment must be a computerized Universal Testing Machine which has a micro
processor based electronic panel, Precision strain gauge type pressure transducer for load
measurement, Rotary encoder with rack for crosshead displacement/Extension indication,
RS 232 COM port for PC interface, Data entry for specimen dimension, serial number,
gauge length. Unit selection for load, displacement. Results include Load vs
Displacement Curve, Maximum displacement, UTS, % Elongation, Youngs Modulus & Proof Stress
Accuracy And Calibration
Universal Testing Machines should be controlled for precision, accuracy and reliable
calibration during every stage of manufacturing. The machines must be calibrated in accordance with BS:1610( grade A of BS 1610 : 1964 ) and IS standardsgrade 1 of IS : 1828 - 1991.
The UTM must comply with the following technical specifications
Description Universal Testing Machine
Machine Capacity 1000 kN
Max Clearance for tensile test 50 – 850 mm or more
Max Clearance for compression test 0 – 850 mm or more
Clearance between columns 750 mm
Ram Stroke 250 mm
Straining/piston speed at no load 0 – 80 mm
For Tension Test
Clamping Jaws for round specimen
Clamping Jaws for flat specimen
8 – 40 mm
0 – 65 mm
For Compression Test : Pair of
For Transverse Test: Table with
Max clearance between supports
Radius of punch tops
The equipment must be supported by software with features for the following tests :
• Tensile Testing
• Compression Testing
• Bending Test
• Shear Test
• Torsion Test
• Rubber/Textile Test
• Spring Test
• Extensometer Test
Tensile testingTENSILE TESTING MACHINE CAPACITY 10 Kgf. TO 10 TONE
UNIVERSAL TENSILE TESTING MACHINE SERVO CONTROL
Spring testing Machine